Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stomach Acid?

Well it is a good thing I like a challenge...because my new obstacle - heartburn/acid reflux/irritated stomach lining - whatever it is, it hurts. 

I've had a bit of a problem with stomach acid over the last year (and the scar tissue to prove it! Yes, I am turning into an outpatient pro.  Although, a little worried that the majority of my body is going to be scar tissue if my immune system doesn't decide to take a breather!)  However, was it possible to get worse? Is there perhaps a drug in this world that could not only increase my appetite, cause 5 pounds of water to decide my body is the ideal living space, and cause indigestion every time I eat? Yes, it is called prednisone.  That being said, from reading the reviews of other patients side effects, I think I might be getting by pretty well! 

Step 1 - Literature Review.  Step 1 = fail.  Too much non-sense out there. 
Step 2 - ?  I will let you know!

1 comment:

  1. I had an issue with reflux when I started prednione and it stopped when we doubled the dose of Pariet to keep things calm. Pretty awful stuff that prednisone, good luck

    ReplyDelete