Friday, October 15, 2010

Mini Meatloaves*

One day I am going to actually use my real camera instead of my oh so convenient "old" iphone and I enjoy meat loaf.














Ingredients:
1/2 - 3/4 ground beef - (more or less depending on your protein intake and who else you are feeding.  Also, I'd go with 85/15 grass fed cows!)
1/2 zucchini
1 egg
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp chopped onion
1 garlic clove grated or minced
1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1/2 plum tomato
2 ounces fresh whole milk mozzarella (optional)

Servings 4

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Slice four very thin slices of zucchini from the inside, approx two inches in length (see photo).  Set to side.

3. Grate rest of zucchini into ground beef.

4. Beat egg and add to beef.

5. Add basil, oregano, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, sea salt, and ground pepper to beef.

6. Mix beef mixture well (I'd use your hands).

7. Separate beef mixture into four equal sizes and form mini loaves.  Place in baking dish (you may or may not want to spray with non-stick cooking spray).

8. Slice four thin slices of the plum tomato.

9. Layer zucchini and tomato slices on top of each loaf.

10**. Cook in oven for 25-30 min.  Remove from oven.

11. Cut mozzarella into four pieces, place on top of each loaf.

12. Return to oven to cook for 10 more minutes.

*You are responsible for understanding the nutritional and mineral content of the food you consume. Not me, which is why it is not posted. I do not claim that any of the recipes in this blog necessarily meet the renal diet restrictions. I am NOT a certified dietitian.

**Obviously - cook for 35min-40min if you do not follow steps 11 and 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment